Monday, April 18, 2005

Some background

As I published the last post I realized that not all of you are "up to speed" with our adoption situation. My husband and I are planning on adopting two children from Russia. If everything happens according to the current plan we will be the parents of a three-year-old boy and one-year old girl by fall.

If you want a blow-by-blow account of one family's experience with adopting from Russia, check out the Stratton's Adoption Journey. Our experience has been much like theirs, except that we've been at it longer (we signed with our agency in January 2004; they in August 2004), and they are farther along in the process (they already travelled on trip one).

This process has taken a lot more time, effort, and psychic energy than I could ever have imagined. There have been some serious lowpoints, but I am continually bouyed by the image of these two children in our arms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Congratulations in advance :)

--hellokitty138

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more about it, and about them! Just don't forget to let us know when it's happening so we can have a kiddos shower for you or something.

I like to think of it similarly to being pregnant, you find out that you're going to be a parent, and then you wait. :)