Friday, April 22, 2005

A habit and a hobby, but not an addiction

As I promised, it has been just over 48 hours since I last read a blog, comic strip, editorial or box score on the web. The only deviation was to naviagate to Space Station K9 and Library Despot in order to verify addresses for my blogroll.

I like reading blogs. Some, like Mirror of Justice, cause me to think. Others, like The Anchoress, cause me to reflect. Then there's Space Station K9 which twists my face into contortions, and Daily Kos which makes me want to scream. Boing Boing just alerts me to wonderful things, and Matthew Yglesias allows me to see things from a different perspective. They all broaden my horizons in ways that the mainstream media rarely does.

I am not an addict. I suffered no withdrawal symptoms, and I was able to fill my days quite well without my daily dose of the blogosphere. Now that I know that I can do without it I'll get back to reading. I am now 23 posts behind at Professor Bainbridge and 17 behind at Althouse (I won't even look to see how many Instapundit posts I've missed).

I'm glad to be back.

No comments: