Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dinner This Week

I had this planned out this weekend, but forgot to post!

Sunday

Leftover Veggie Fried Rice
Monday
Vegetable Minestrone
Honey Wheat Bread
Tuesday
Chicken Teriyaki
Boiled Potatoes
Pea Salad*
Lima Beans
French Bread
Wednesday
Chicken in Peanut Sauce
Whole Wheat Pasta
Thursday
CRAP
Friday
Tuna Salad
English Muffins
4 Bean Salad

This is a much better menu plan than last week. Although it wasn't a big hit, we did try a new recipe (Pea Salad), there are very few processed foods, and we are eating fish on Friday evening. I'll also be making English muffins for the first time. I'll tell you how that goes!

We have entered winter mode; there are no green salads or steamed vegetables. Other than the butternut squash I am saving for next week, don't expect to see any local produce in my menus for the next few months.

The chicken on Wednesday are "planned-overs" from Tuesday's dinner.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I made English muffins this week for the first time too! They were awesome. I froze most of them, because it made 12 and we don't eat them every day. Hubby said they were every bit as good as store bought...I think we'll do it again soon!