- Agent 002 is bringing in heart-shaped gelatin jigglers for his class Valentine's Day party. Aren't they cute? I kind of feel bad for loading them up with dyes and artificial sugars, but it is only an occasional treat. Ruth tells me that I can make with juice. I'll have to to try that some time.
- Thursday was a banner day. All three small children took a nap, at the same time. I could have done ANYTHING. Well, anything quiet and within range of the baby monitor. Did I read a book? Paint my nails? Watch a film?
Nope. I cleaned the junk drawers. Wanna see? Of course, this is what my counter looked like when I was done. Done being determined by when the baby started screaming, of course.
- Oh. All that free time? Negated when one of the kids decided to curl up on my bed. I realized that she had moved (the eyes-on-the-back-of-my-head sensor was working well), but didn't make the mental leap to realize that a not-quite-continent child probably shouldn't sleep on top of my down quilt. That misktake cost me three loads of laundry.
- Inspired by Nina's journey to 1000 books, I have been keeping track of all of the books I read aloud. Amazing really -- 19 titles for 22 reads over two days. And of course, that does not include their Bedtime Book or any that they leaf through by themselves.
- Mr warillever is reading Where the Red Fern Grows to the Agents. It was one of my favorites as a child. It is the most advanced book that they have ever been read, but it is going well so far. Agent 004 gives me updates every day. She tells me that in last night's section Old Dan and Little Ann killed a coon and got stuck in a tree. Not bad comprehension skills for a four year old.
- Uncle Ichabod, Aunt P and Uncle M will be coming up our way for a ski weekend at the end of the month. We will join them for two days. It will be my first time on the slopes this winter. Although I have gotten the chance to cross-country ski form our back door, alpine skiing just doesn't happen all that often due to cost and Agent 004's youth. It will be fun to see how much Agent 002's skills have improved with the lessons he has been taking.
- And of course, I will end with a snapshot of our ever-changing art display.