Friday, May 30, 2008

Books of the Week

Harry the Dirty Dog and Green Eggs and Ham have remained at the top of the "read-me-book-please" pile. They have been joined by some new (and returning) favorites:

It always surprises me how much the kids like Berenstain Bears books. Agent 004 in particular will ask me to read and re-read our entire collection. As a kid I considered them long-winded and preachy, but I never refuse to read them to her; the books contain good vocabulary and solid moral teachings. The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor has been one of the Agents' long-time favorites.

Since one of our goals is to learn about the months of the year, I was happy that Agent 004 also pulled out Chicken Soup with Rice this week. The rhymes are so much fun and it will sure help us learn about the months and seasons.

I have written about Duck on a Bike before; it is one of the true classics in our collection. The illustrations are beautiful and the story is the perfect blend of silly and believable.

We ventured out to the library yesterday so we should have lots of new favorites next week. Cousin F is already in love with If You Were My Bunny In fact, she is napping with it as I type.

No comments: