Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Should Know Better Than This

I am a nervous wreck about our homestudy visit tomorrow.

It is not as if we have never done this before. I know that we are not being judged on the cleanliness of our home or the stunningly perfect answers to all of the social worker's questions.

...yet I have been scrubbing the tile grout and clearing every pile of clutter.

I had myself in quite a tizzy. Then I took five minutes to write up a to-do list.

Very attainable.

In addition to my two-hour Home Blessing (which I usually do on Fridays), I will clean the refrigerator and tidy the front entrance.

That's it -- two and a half hours of work, and we should look like reasonably responsibly organized parents.

I hope.

Wish me luck, please. Or even better, say a prayer or two for us.

Thanks.

4 comments:

Monica said...

You are going to do great! You know, I'm sure that these home visit people can see past the perfect homes in a second into the eyes and hearts of a family ready and willing to love another child. Keep cleaning, but be at peace.

Steph said...

Sounds like you're going to be fine! But if I were in your shoes I'd be doing the same thing. In fact, I would be tidying until the doorbell rang and driving myself nuts in the meantime.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know that homestudy tension! Yes, of course, of course it will all go well... I was never any good at relaxing about it until the social worker was driving away, though! Good luck, all will be well. ::hugs::

Julie said...

The love of Christ will emanate from you, and the social worker will see what fine parents you are. Easy for me to say, mine is over! :)