Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Plugging in Unplugged Ideas

I have often said that I am not creative; I just keep an eye out for good ideas.

I especially like exciting new art techniques.

There were several great ideas in the Unplugged projects yesterday.

We have already tried one of them:

Marble painting.
(from World Preschool Mom)

The technique is simple:
  1. Place a sheet of paper on the bottom of a box (we taped ours in place for good measure).
  2. Put a dab of paint on the paper. Use as many colors as you would like.
  3. Place 1 or more marbles in the box.
  4. Roll the marbles back and forth over the paint.
  5. If desired, put a cover on the box and shake like mad.

The process is soothing, and the results are dazzling.

I think these will make wonderful notecards.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I agree - we loved the marble painting. Probably b.c it was noisy! :) BTW, I sent you an email re: Montessori...check your spam folder if you don't see it soon.

Kate in NJ said...

how nice!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

That is one of my favorite art activities. White pain ton black paper make a great picture to hang.