Friday, September 12, 2008

What I get for Being a Good Girl

As promised, I have been turning Reader and Gmail off when I am not using them in order to reduce the temptation to check them throughout the day.

There have been some benefits --

  1. I have had more focused time with the children. We have read more books and had less misbehavior at transition times.
  2. I have gotten a lot of things done around the house --
    1. The Red Room is almost ready to be used in a self-service manner for Montessori-like preschool,
    2. The wood is stacked up and ready to go for winter.
    3. We finally mailed of our foster care application.
  3. Using times of temptation as an opportunity, I have been praying more.
  4. I am more conscious of appreciating the moment and contented with the life I live.
But.....I still have five loads of laundry to be folded and I really miss all of my online friends. I would try to catch up this weekend, but we are hosting a dinner for 18 (!) tomorrow night and I still need to prepare for Sunday's religious education class.

So look for my comments on your blogs during my designated 15 minutes on Monday! Or Tuesday or Wednesday or so.....

1 comment:

Gottfredsen said...

Good job. I wish I could be more like that. I have a very hard time walking away from the computer. Getting better about it though. So good Job on being a good girl.