Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Closest We Get to Homemade

I might have mentioned that reading all of these overacheiver Mom blogs makes me feel a wee bit inadequate once in a while. Especially when I read about all of this craftiness and homemade goodness going around in the world. I do not know how to sew, I do not know how to knit, and my artistic sensibility was stunted somewhere around age seven.

But I did make my daughter a birthday present.

Sort of.

I found this doll crib at a yard sale for $5. It was dusty, dingy, and a bit dull, but I knew how much my baby girl would love it.
So I washed it up, sanded it down, and painted every nook and cranny.
Then I fashioned a mattress out of an old foam cushion covered in a pillow case. I "sewed" it up with two safety pins turned in.
Not bad for a less-than-crafty mom!

2 comments:

Julie said...

it's beautiful! and she will treasure it always. My brother (6yrs older) made me & sis a "hamburge" stand. When he painted the name across the front (in pink!), he ran out of room to write hamburgeR. I think it's still in my parents' basement.

MerrandaVK said...

IT IS SO GORGEOUS!!! I heart it tremendously! Great job and what a find.