Thursday, September 27, 2007

Daily Magic : The Simple Things

Once upon a time, I used to feature posts about what I was grateful for on that day. Never one to forsake tradition (even traditions I only recently created myself), I am re-instituting the Daily Magic feature on this blog. My newly-found sense of reality tells me that I won't recognize magic every day, but I do think that I can come up with something each week. Or else I'll have to make something up......

I am grateful for:

  • little kid questions. Agent 002 is the king of questions. A typical conversation with him goes like this:
    Agent 002: Is today Monday?
    Saintly Mama: No, today is Thursday.
    Agent 002: Is today Sunday?
    Saintly Mama: No, today is Thursday.
    Agent 002: Is today Wednesday?
    Saintly Mama: No, today is Thursday.
    Agent 002: Is today Friday?
    Saintly Mama: No, today is Thursday.
    Agent 002: May I have some candy, please?
    Saintly Mama: No, today is Thursday.
    There are occasions, however, when his questions are incredible insightful:
    • Is heaven far away, like Grammy's house?
    • Is Brooklyn in the United States?
    • Can Jesus hear me laughing and banging and crashing and splashing in the pool?
    • When I die, would Jesus wake me up?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your kids are so cute :)