Friday, September 30, 2005

Meow, meatballs, and other firsts

Agent 004's first English word was "Mama."

Okay, that is a Russian word too, but she really does know what it means. She says just those two syllables, then giggles whenever I kiss her belly during a diaper change. I may be deluding myself, but as a first-time mother I have that right and I am going with it. The kid knows my name, and I eat it up.

Her second word was funnier. That was "meow." Not meow pronounced like a person reading the written word, but an exact copy of Janice's incessant cry. You honestly need to look to see which four-legged creature the sound came from. Sometimes, they converse back and forth in indistinguishable screaches. I am not sure if either has figured out that they belong to different species.

Now for those that know me, Agent 004's first sample of table food will really shock you -- she ate four entire (but diced) meatballs from last night's spaghetti and meatball dinners at Grammy's house. The near-vegetarian mother and her carnivore daughter. She has since eaten toast, a carrot chunk, and fork-mashed peas. Now that is a girl after my own heart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great-grandmother raising three children and sharing the love
One of our frequent commenters here at Blogging Baby recently started a blog because "Blogging Baby's comment boxes are too damn small!" Ann started reading Blogging Baby last year when she bought her computer, ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

Sean the First said...

"...then giggles whenever I kiss her belly during a diaper change."

Alway a fun time, but remember the order: diaper change, then kisses.

"I may be deluding myself, but as a first-time mother I have that right and I am going with it. The kid knows my name, and I eat it up.

Funny. My kids all said "Dada" first.

"Now for those that know me, Agent 004's first sample of table food will really shock you -- she ate four entire (but diced) meatballs from last night's spaghetti and meatball dinners at Grammy's house.

Hope you realize that these meatballs will be the only meatballs Agent 004 will eat from now on. With my kids, its Kraft's Mac and Cheese from a box. Homemade with noodles, cheeses and lots and lots of love and sweat? Won't touch it.

I'm having a great time reliving the joy I had by reading the joy you two are having with your children. Mine are getting to be so old now, with Z- in school, J- just turning three and G- walking up a storm.