Friday, November 17, 2006
Thursday, November 16, 2006
|What American accent do you have? |
Your Result: Boston
|The Inland North|
|What American accent do you have?|
Take More Quizzes
We'll be having turkey for Thanksgiving. How 'bout y'all?
We are hosting a small T-day get-together for the warillever family -- just me, Mr. warillever, his mother, Uncle Ichabod, and the Agents. Nothing like the forty-person dinners that I'm used to at my folks' house.
Dinner for six should not be stressful -- I do it frequently -- but this is the mother of all feasts, a holiday based upon the abundance of tasty food. I am a little nervous. I have my menu planned, and have been testing out squash dishes for weeks. By the way, I have settled on butternut squash casserole from Allrecipes.com. It is too sweet for my taste, but Mr. warillever approved of it, which might be a first for him on a cooked veggie.
Otherwise, everything will be quite plain:
- gravy (jars as backup)
- mashed potatoes
- squash casserole (make on Wednesday, in oven last hour of turkey)
- green beans (steam on stove)
- corn (frozen)
- carrots (boil on stove)
- stuffing (Thursday am)
- cranberry sauce (from can)
- crackers/pretzels/breadsticks (from bags)
- veggies (chop, blanch some)
- 3 dips (Wednesday evening)
- oatmeal raisin cookies (kids make Tuesday)
- apple pie (kids make Monday, bake Tuesday)