Monday, December 24, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Friday, December 21, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
The kids have decided that they are big, so they should cook for me.
Not that nutritious gruel that I cook for them, but good stuff like french fries and ice cream and donuts and candy canes.
As I jotted their proposed menu on an envelope, Agent 002 asked if he could use the list when he drives to the store to buy food to cook for me. Because, you know, he is big enough to drive to the store, buy groceries, and cook a meal, but hasn't quite gotten down that writing words thing.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.
- Real tree or artificial? Real. The warillever men went out into the woods and killed it themselves.
- When do you put up the tree? We put it up the day after Thanksgiving, but didn't decorate it for another week.
- When do you take the tree down? Just after the Epiphany.
- Do you like eggnog? I have one glass at Thanksgiving and Christmas. My husband and daughter LOVE the stuff and could drink it by the gallon.
- Favourite gift received as a child? My first bike. My godfather got it for me when was three or so.
- Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes.
- Hardest person to buy for? Curt Jester says Jesus, and I think he's right. But as for members of my family, it would have to be mr warillever. Not because he is picky, but because I always want it to be "just right."
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly can't remember any notably bad presents.
- Mail or email Christmas cards? The real thing, with very cute pictures of the agents as an insert.
- Favourite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? Should I start soon?
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Bread pudding.
- Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear lights on the tree, but colored lights on the bushes out front.
- Favourite Christmas song? Silent Night.
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Ruben and Steve?
- Angel on the tree top or a star? Nothing. The tree is jammed right up into the ceiling.
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. And all day. At least the past two years, our kids have played with each gift as they opened it, so gift-opening literally takes all day.
- Most annoying thing about this time of year? That, despite my good intentions, it makes me frantic.
- Best thing about this time of year? The good will and cheer. It is the one time of the year when it is acceptable to be outright giddy about your faith. That we light up our lawns, bring wildlife into our houses, bake cookies, sing songs, throw parties, give gifts, and drink hot wine, all to celebrate the birth of our Lord.